This will show you how to manage your TechPay crypto assets using Ledger Nano S device. #
a Ledger Nano is a device for managing the private keys to your crypto asset wallets. Dedicated hardware key management devices are considered a very secure and reliable way of managing users’ private keys in the blockchain world. Your digital assets are safe even if you are using a compromised PC. This level of security cannot be achieved with many other key management methods.
Before you begin #
Before you start using the Ledger Nano S with the TechPay ecosystem’s digital assets, please make sure you have read this guide and prepared both your PC and the device to operate as expected.
- If you’re using a new Ledger Nano S, please initialize it first.
- Install the Ledger Live application on your PC.
- Make sure your Ledger Nano S has the latest available firmware installed. The firmware must be at least 1.6.0.
- Ensure you have the latest version of Chrome, Opera, Firefox, or any other compatible browser installed on your PC. For Google Chrome, version 38 and later is optimal. For Firefox, version 57 and later has been tested.
How to operate your device #
The Ledger Nano S is connected to your PC via a USB cable. The cable needs to be connected to the device to be able to utilize its functions. The device itself has two buttons at the top. These are used to navigate the device’s dashboard menu as well as any application you use.
A click on a single button allows you to browse through options, lists of available choices, or groups of pages. The ability to do so is usually indicated by arrows on the device’s screen in the direction of the options, and/or pages span.
Clicking both buttons simultaneously will start a selected application, function, or confirm the action presented on the device’s screen.
An application can utilize both ways of navigating to allow you to verify actions. Please pay close attention to the information displayed on the device screen. It’s critical for the security of your crypto assets that you are well aware of the actions you’re approving.
Install TechPay TPC application #
You will need the TechPay TPC application installed on your Ledger Nano S device to be able to manage your TechPay ecosystem crypto assets. To do so, please follow this step-by-step guide:
- Start the Ledger Live application on your PC.
- Open the Manager tab, which is used to maintain your Ledger Nano S device.
- Connect your Ledger Nano S device to your PC, unlock it, and authorize the device manager by pressing the right button.
- Find the TechPay TPC application in the Ledger Live catalogue.
- Click the Install button to download the app to your Ledger Nano S device.
- An installation window will appear which will guide you through the process.
- Your Ledger Nano S device will show a Processing… screen to inform you it is installing the application.
- The application installation will be confirmed.